Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spinach Salad with Strawberries, Pecans and Poppy Seed Dressing


I went to a Mother's Day luncheon this past weekend and they served the most delicious spinach salad with strawberries and poppy seed dressing. I have been craving it ever since! So today I brought home some fresh strawberries and found an easy recipe for Poppy Seed Dressing. You can find the original recipe here. For the salad I used fresh spinach leaves topped with sliced strawberries and then sprinkled chopped pecans on top. I then drizzled the poppy seed dressing over the salad and enjoyed a great lunch!


Ingredients

1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
1 teaspoon grated onion
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Directions

In a blender or food processor, combine sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard and onion and process for 20 seconds. With blender or food processor on high, gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds.


Enjoy!
Carolina Belle

2 comments:

  1. I could eat a whole recipe of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sentiments exactly! I may have to go buy some more spinach!

    ReplyDelete