Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve Tradition

Tomorrow is New Years Eve and I will be in the kitchen cooking away. These traditions began with my husbands family and I have carried them on into our family. The feast includes:

Green Punch
Vegetable Tray with Dip
Little Smokies in Barbecue Sauce
Cheese Ball with Crackers
Meatballs

The main staple of our New Years Eve celebration revolves around meatballs....not just any meatballs but my Mother-in-Laws famous meatballs. We have yet to determine a name so for now I will call them Peg Peeler's Famous Meatballs. These meatballs are so easy to make...yet so delicious.

Peg Peeler's Famous Meatballs

1 package Rice-a-Roni Spanish Rice Mix
1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef
1 Large Can Tomato Juice

Mix ground beef and rice mix by hand. Form mixture into 1" meatballs. Brown in large frying pan. Pour Tomato Juice into a large pot and heat until boiling. Add browned meatballs and simmer for about one hour. The longer the meatballs simmer the better. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I enjoyed every single one of those meatballs I ate tonight! Thanks for not making us count how many - :o)

    ReplyDelete